Zebra Scam

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Has anyone heard from Andrew c :shock: i really feel sorry for him!! what sort of ARS3 hole does that to honest people trying to keep the breed in the hobby!!! i hate people like him i think i might go to where ever he is and burn him!! and his whole family!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: scamming AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! i wont say what i really want!! :twisted: :twisted:
Dan D' Man
Groupie

Post by Dan D' Man »

Shell231 wrote:Has anyone heard from Andrew c :shock: i really feel sorry for him!! what sort of ARS3 hole does that to honest people trying to keep the breed in the hobby!!! i hate people like him i think i might go to where ever he is and burn him!! and his whole family!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: scamming AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! i wont say what i really want!! :twisted: :twisted:
There is an Andrew from the UK that is still hopeful that Dietmar will come through. I've been emailing him directly. The story that Dietmar tells is that it is the German Holidays & booking cargo is very difficult, to be patient. Meanwhile he stalls you & the time you get to file claims with Paypal (if that's the case) expires. Andrew is in the same boat as us.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I still am so wound up! about this whole story! i am saving really hard to buy a colony and if i got scammed i would hit the roof!! and just s i keep saying set fire to the person who ripped me off!! ( i am normally really nice person ) just dont rip me off :D:D love you lots shell!! lol
valhallan
Groupie

Post by valhallan »

Hindsight truly is 20/20. When I read on here that he was saying that he wouldn't ship to the UK because of license prob's, I took that to mean he was honest, as he could have made a lot more per fish selling to you guys :?

Apparently Garfieldnfish has relatives over there not too far from where Dietmar lives. I hope they're large and bad tempered.

Val
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I would like to go over there and give him a mouth full and then run and hide behind someone large and scary so he didn't shout at me back! hehe! 8)
hamish99
Obsessed!!

Post by hamish99 »

we should all chip in £20 so 2 of us go over there and kick his low down rip off ass!! who`s up for it?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It must be possible to report him to the police over there? Surely fraud is illegal in Germany too - even when the victims are from other countries. It probably would be best to try and sort this in a legal matter... Sending a representative from Hells Angles to him might be tempting, but maybe not the wisest thing to do :) I know that's not what you suggested though :lol:

Kicking his ass would be satisfying I'm sure, but it wont get the victims money back....
Adam

Post by Adam »

Count me in, so how many kicks does £20 buy me?

It's the only language that scum like this understand :evil: .
Dan D' Man
Groupie

Post by Dan D' Man »

McEve wrote:It must be possible to report him to the police over there? Surely fraud is illegal in Germany too - even when the victims are from other countries. It probably would be best to try and sort this in a legal matter... Sending a representative from Hells Angles to him might be tempting, but maybe not the wisest thing to do :) I know that's not what you suggested though :lol:

Kicking his ass would be satisfying I'm sure, but it wont get the victims money back....
You're right on target & I'm on it. He made a few mistakes in his transactions. It's already reported to the authorities for fraud online. The gov (FBI) has links to it. Hopefully they'll take interest on it. Either way, there are several avenues I'm pursuing. At this stage, it is not a question of me recuparating moneys, but see to it that justice be done.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

If you'd pay with Pay Pal, then surely they'd want to know about it too. They will have his financial details, won't they? That'd be a good way to track him... I would think.

The more people the report him, the more likely the authorities are to take notice of it.
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

I paid $560 for a trio using Paypal and $900 for 11 unsexed youngsters using Western Union.
I hadn't verified my paypal account and the only other way i found of paying for the Zebras was with Western Union.

I honestly don't know whats going to happen, and am still hopefull he delivers in the end.
Why respond to my emails if he is going to con you.
I mean with Western Union, you have no insurance, your taking a gamble, so he dosn't need to bother once he's got the money.

Yesterdays responce, said he had got the health certificate for the fish and he was waiting for the flight details from British Airways.
Maybe his source has let him down, i don't know, i have paid for the fish and do not have them yet, but all i can do is give him time, as he said before i bidded for the fish.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I do hope he comes through for you Andrew, it must be very hard to see the situation develope and not knowing what's going to happen.

It is a good sign that he keeps talking to you, and I'm crossing my fingers that it will all end well!
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Thanks McEve
I can only hope he comes through, not just me, for the rest as well.

Andrew.
valhallan
Groupie

Post by valhallan »

Andrew, I hope he comes through for you as well. I would much rather have the fish I paid for than get my money back, otherwise I wouldn't have paid in the first place, right?

Unfortunately, Dietmar has lied to me at least twice that I am reasonably sure about. I'll give you an example of some of our correspondence:

Me 3/28/05:

>Hi again Dietmar,
>
>Did you get the fish sent off today? Sorry if I seem to be bugging you,
>but I need to know so I can schedule my work times around being home to
>receive the fish. Thanks.

Dietmar 3/28/05:

Hi,

it is 02:10 at night now and i returned from frankfurt :D
the fishs are all on the fly. tracking information will be provided
tomorrow, i have to many papers and are much to sleepy.

regards
dietmar

First off, this doesn't really sound like someone who is overly into customer support. This was the day he had promised to provide tracking information. Over the next 24hrs, I sent him 2 emails requesting the tracking info, as I was at work and getting nervous about the fish being delivered with nobody at home. None of these emails were answered.

On 3/29 (the day the fish were supposed to be delivered) I sent him another email, asking why he hadn't sent this information when the fish were due to be delivered at any moment. He sent an angry reply, stating that he had sent the tracking info and a scan of the bill receipt. I asked him to re-send it. Again... Nothing.

Yesterday (the fish are now more than 24hrs overdue) I sent him another email, a little more strongly worded, and let him know that I wasn't going to put up with it anymore. He replied again, that the tracking info had been sent twice now, and that my email was to blame. I replied and told him to post the information on a website so that we could all view it. Can you guess? I haven't heard a thing from him since.

So, I am sure there were never any fish sent. I am sure of this because I have called every shipping company Dietmar said he might use (they can track packages using an address only, even without a tracking number), and not a single one shows any shipment to my address in the given timeframe.

I'm sorry to say it Andrew, but I'd be looking into how to get my money back if I were you. I know I am.

Val
Dan D' Man
Groupie

Post by Dan D' Man »

Andrew C wrote:Why respond to my emails if he is going to con you.
I mean with Western Union, you have no insurance, your taking a gamble, so he dosn't need to bother once he's got the money.
Hi Andrew. We were all hopeful once. Why is he responding is because he is trying to cover his tracks. Since this is an on going investigation, I will PM you details. Dan